62nd Annual Northwest Fish Culture Conference 2011

"Spawning New Ideas - Thinking Outside The Hatchery"

December 6 - 8, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada

As hosts of the 62nd Annual Northwest Fish Culture Conference, the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC (FFSBC) and Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) welcome you to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.

This informal conference brings together fish culturists, scientists and interested individuals from private, state/provincial, native, and federal finfish hatchery facilities in the Pacific Northwest and elsewhere in North America to exchange information and ideas about all aspects of fish culture. These conferences are hosted on a rotating basis by the various fish resource agencies in the Pacific Northwest. The subject matter generally focuses on topics directly applicable to fish culture, but will include topics in fisheries management, research and other disciplines that are directly related to the science of fish culture.

This conference is also used to renew old friendships, begin new ones, and develop personal contacts between those of common interest. All persons interested are invited to attend and to actively participate.

Do you require a formal invitation to obtain travel authorization? If so please click here to have an invitation sent to you.

For more information please email nwfcc@gofishbc.com 

Important Travel Information for Non-Canadians

Travelling by Air

If you are travelling by Air between the United States and Canada, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) requires all visitors to present a valid passport and/or a valid visa (if you are arriving from a country from which one is required) at point of entry.

For more information on entry requirements and visas, please visit CBSA's website:

If you are a U.S. citizen looking for information on passports, please visit the U.S. Department of State website:


Travelling by Land/Sea If you are travelling by Land or Sea (including cruises and ferries), effective June 1 2009, travellers must present a passport or other approved secure document denoting citizenship and identity for all land and sea travel into Canada.

Enhanced Driver's Licenses (EDLs) have been formally identified as acceptable documentation requirements for land and sea crossings. If you are a U.S. citizen and a State resident you are eligible to purchase an Enhanced Driver License (EDL) which will meet the requirements for proof of citizenship to re-enter the U.S. from Canada and Mexico by land or sea.